25g of Cooks&Co Red Chillies
25g of Cooks&Co Green Chillies
2 Sirloin Steaks (large)
2 Tomatoes (large)
1 bunch of Watercress
1 Carrot (medium)
5cm length of Cucumber
large handful of Mint leaves
large handful of Coriander leaves
4 large Lime leaves
1 & 1/2 tbsps of Sweet Chilli sauce
2 tbsps of Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
A pinch of Sugar
4 oz of Toasted Peanuts (crushed)
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
1. Season the steaks with black pepper and a little oil and set them aside while you heat a grill or griddle pan.
2. Halve the COOKS&CO chillis, scrape out and discard the seeds. Shred the flesh finely then put it into a mixing bowl with the juice of the lime, the sugar, fish sauce and the sweet chilli sauce. Mix thoroughly.
3. Remove the stem and central vein from the lime leaves then roll up the leaves and shred them very, very finely. Put them in a serving dish. Roughly chop the coriander leaves and the mint. Cut the cucumber and carrot into matchstick-size pieces, peeling it first if you wish, then add them to the lime leaves with the chopped herbs.
4. Wash the watercress and remove the stems. Slice the tomatoes into thin segments and add with the watercress to the rest of the salad. Grill the steaks briefly, salting them as they cook. They should be nicely singed on the outside and deep rosy pink within. Slice them into finger-thick strips, then toss with the salad and dressing. Serve while the steak is still hot.
5. Finally finish with a liberal scattering of crushed peanuts.