400g of Cooks&Co Whole Green Figs in Syrup
2 tbsps of Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
300g of Plain Flour (sieved)
Pinch of Salt
175g of Unrefined brown sugar
200g of Unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
4. Butter a 24cm/9in ovenproof dish. Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.
6. Serve with thick cream or custard.