1. Heat up olive oil in a medium, heavy-bottomed, pan. Fry diced onion until softened, translucent, and lightly caramelised. Add chopped garlic and fry off gently until soft and fragrant.
2. Drain both jackfruit tins add to the onions in the pan. Mix to coat the jackfruit.
3. Add most of the spice mix. Fry them off gently, stirring the whole time, for a minute or so.
4. Then add the sugar, tomato paste, Worcester sauce, and soy sauce. Mix everything really well. Add the 50 m water and scrape up any bits that might have stuck to the pan.
5.Squash the jackfruit pieces with your spoon/spatula (I used a strainer) so that the individual fibres separate more.
6. Simmer the mixture gently for another 10-15 minutes. When most of the liquid had evaporated and your jackfruit is sticky, finish with the juice from the lemon and remove from the heat.
7. Just before you are ready to assemble your kebabs, preheat the oven to 200° C (fan). Spread the jackfruit pieces on a baking paper-lined baking tray and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until a little caramelised and browned around the edges.
8. Assemble the kebabs and Enjoy!