Preparation & Cooking Time: 10 minutes prep & 25 minutes cooking
Serves: 4 (Appetiser/Snack)
• Whisk together the plant-based yoghurt and wasabi paste, then set aside in the fridge to infuse while you prepare the crisps. Preheat the oven to 175℃ fan.
• Drain and rinse the lotus root in a colander or sieve and shake to remove excess water. Discard any very small or thin pieces as they will burn during roasting, then pat the rest dry with paper towel.
• Brush 2 baking trays with half of the oil (no need to line with paper). Arrange the lotus root pieces on the trays in a single layer without touching and gently brush/dab on the rest of the oil.
• Place in the middle of the oven and roast for 10 minutes, then turn the tray so they cook evenly and roast for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer any very crisp pieces (usually the smaller, thinner pieces) to your serving plate, then return the trays to the oven for 5-10 more minutes, until all the pieces are golden brown and very crispy.
• Remove from the oven and transfer the rest to the serving plate, then sprinkle over the 7-spice seasoning.
• Serve with the wasabi yoghurt for dipping.