Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to deliver a smooth, efficient and personalised experience when on our website. This allows us to provide you with the information, services and features that are most likely to meet your needs.
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Cooks & Co as explained below.
You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our website without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information. For example, when you contact us via the website. This information may include registration data (your address, email address, phone number, title, etc.),information request data and response data ("User Information").
We wish to assure you that these non-intrusive cookies are not harmful in any way. This site is in accordance with the latest directive (May 2012) from the ICO (See www.ico.org.uk) and use of this site is taken as ‘implied consent’.
Use of User Information.
We use your information, including your personal information and cookies, for the following purposes:
· To provide our website and services to you, to facilitate the features on our website, to communicate with you about your use of our website and services, to respond to your inquiries, to manage your account, to send you information that you have requested, and for other customer service purposes.
· For marketing and advertising purposes. For example, as permitted by applicable law and subject to verification and consent at time of sign up, we may occasionally contact you by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone to provide you with information about goods or services that might be of interest to you.
· To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customisation, and personalised help and instructions, and to otherwise personalise your experiences while using the site or our services.
· To better understand how users access and use our site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our website and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
If you decide that we should not use your personal User Information to contact you, please let us know and we will not use that information for such purpose.
Any information obtained will be held by Cooks & Co for 6 years
Disclosure of User Information.
We also may share your information in the following circumstances:
Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. We also may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you.
In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitions & Giveaways
These terms and conditions are for Cooks&Co Instagram competition. By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by RH Amar & Co Ltd., Turnpike Way, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP12 3TF.
3. You must be a resident of the UK to enter the competition.
4. The competition is free to enter.
5. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
6. Only one entrant per household is permitted.
7. One winner will be chosen from entries made during the competition period.
8. Entry must be made before 23:59 BST on the last day of the competition, as stated. The draw will be made within 5 days of the competition closing.
9. The winner will be chosen at random and notified, via direct messaging on Instagram, within five days of the draw date.
10. The winner may be asked to take part in applicable publicity.
11. If a winner fails to respond and/or to give a valid UK address within 7 days of this notification, or declines their prize, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. If any winner declines their prize, or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
12. Employees of RH Amar & Co Ltd., its suppliers, agents, distributors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
13. The prize draw is governed by the laws of England.
14. The Competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
Accuracy and Security.
The accuracy and security of the User Information is important to Cooks & Co. Currently, you may review and request updates to your User Information retained by contacting Cooks & Co. If you contact us to correct your User Information, we will attempt to correct such inaccuracies in a timely manner. Cooks & Co is concerned with the security of your User Information and is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorized access and use of that personal information. To that end, we put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial policies and procedures to secure your personal User Information. We also continue to implement procedures to maintain accurate, complete and current User Information.
Cooks & Co website may provide links to other third party websites. Even if the third party is affiliated with Cooks & Co through a business partnership or otherwise, Cooks & Co is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact Cooks & Co via the Contact page.
This policy was last updated May 2018