PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
Cooks&Co Sandwich Competition Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter: RH Amar & Co Ltd., Turnpike Way, High Wycombe HP12 3TF, and the following party commissioned by RH Amar & Co Ltd: Jellybean Creative Solutions, 4 Bridge Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8BZ.
1) The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating and entering in the Promotion.
2) The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures.
1) The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
2) Participants must create a ‘worldie’ sandwich using at least one ingredient from the Cooks&Co core range which includes, Sweety Drop Peppers, Tri Colour Jalapenos, Roasted Red Peppers, Green Chillies, Dried Porcini Mushrooms and Vegan Stuffed Peppers. They may also use any other products from the Cooks&Co range and any other non-Cooks&Co ingredients and produce.
3) To enter participants must upload a video/image of their ‘worldie’ sandwich creation along with the ingredients and method as a feed post to one social media channel (Instagram, Facebook or TikTok) using the campaign hashtag #WorldieSandwichComp
4) Only one submission per person is allowed and you cannot enter on behalf of someone else.
5) Entrants must ensure that the social media account they have used to enter the competition is set to ‘public’, so that their entry can be viewed.
6) Only entrants that have successfully submitted their sandwich creations within the following timeframe will be considered valid: 27.03.23 – 01.05.22
7) Entries will be judged using a judging criterion of: making the Cooks&Co product or products the hero of the sandwich, originality, presentation (hero’ing the Cooks&Co products) and overall sandwich appeal.
8) The top 5 ‘worldie’ sandwich creations as chosen by the judges will go through to the public voting stage of the competition. They will be notified by 05.05.23 by a Cooks&Co representative via a private message on the social media channel they chose to enter with, where they will be asked to provide their email address. Jellybean Creative Solutions will then be in touch via email. Your email address must be received by midnight on 09.05.23 and you must reply to the email sent by midnight on 14.05.23. If a response is not received, an alternative semi-finalist will be chosen.
9) Semi-finalists will be required to confirm at this point that they can attend the live final on 20th June in London, should they be successful in getting through to that stage, otherwise an alternative semi-finalist will need to be chosen.
10) The 5 semi-finalist sandwiches will be evaluated via online voting from 09:00 on 18.05.23 until 23:59 on 01.06.23. The public will be asked to select their favourite ‘worldie’ sandwich and vote on the Cooks&Co website. Only one vote per computer IP address is allowed and any fraudulent votes will be discarded.
11) It is their responsibility to drum up as many public votes as possible in order to go through to the final stage of the competition.
12) The 3 entries with the highest public votes will be contacted by Jellybean Creative Solutions on 02.06.23 and must respond within 5 days agreeing to take part in the live final on 20.06.23.
13) They will be invited to attend the final in London, where the 3 candidates must prepare and present the ‘worldie’ sandwich that they submitted into the competition live at the judging venue. Please note you will need to travel to the London venue at your own cost and there will not be overnight accommodation provided. Here, you will be required to plate up 4 samples of your sandwich and you will have 1 hour to prepare. Cooks&Co will provide a £25 food voucher contribution towards your ingredients, but it is your responsibility to bring these with you. The Cooks&Co products will provided. There will be standard utensils for your use at the kitchen venue, but should you have any specialist needs you should bring your own equipment.
14) An independent jury will evaluate each of the dishes based on making Cooks&Co products the hero of the sandwich, originality, presentation (hero’ing the Cooks&Co products),overall sandwich appeal and taste. After the jury's evaluation, the best sandwich and thus the ‘Worldie’ Sandwich Competition Winner 2023 will be chosen on the same day and place. All 3 selected participants will be awarded following the judging that same day in a small private ceremony.
15) The main prize is a cash prize of £2,000, a year’s supply of Cooks & Co products (a case of Sweety Drop Peppers, Tri Colour Jalapenos, Roasted Red Peppers, Green Chillies, Dried Porcini Mushrooms and Vegan Stuffed Peppers. Subject to availability) and the coveted Worldie Sandwich Competition trophy. Second place runner up with receive £250 and a hamper of Cooks&Co goodies, and third place will receive £100 and a hamper of Cooks&Co goodies. Transferability of the prize to other persons is excluded. If the prize cannot be handed over or is unreasonable, the winners will receive an equivalent replacement. Finalists will be required to give their bank details so that Jellybean Creative Solutions can arrange a bank transfer of their winning funds.
16) The promoter cannot accept any responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
17) RH Amar & Co Ltd. will not enter into communication regarding winners' selection.
18) The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal value.
19) Image and usage rights. With the provision of content (images, recipes),the participants declare that the content is free of third-party rights, i.e., originates from them. The participants indemnified RH Amar & Co Ltd. from all claims of third parties that have arisen as a result of the content provided by the participants. The participants agree to support RH Amar & Co Ltd. in any reasonable form in the defence of these claims. The participants declare that they have the full rights of use to the uploaded content and thus do not infringe any copyrights of third parties. The image, video and text material created by the participants may be used without restriction by RH Amar & Co Ltd. and its commissioned parties in online and print media as well as on common social media channels for PR purposes.
20) The participants agree that their names may be made public and that visual content (photos/videos) in which they appear in connection with the cooking competition may be used and distributed by RH Amar & Co Ltd. and the above-mentioned parties without restriction in terms of time and location, in online and print media as well as on common social media channels for PR purposes.
21) The participants give consent for RH Amar & Co Ltd., to re-create their sandwich creations for high-res photography.
22) RH Amar & Co Ltd. reserves the right to change the conditions of participation at any time. Furthermore, RH Amar & Co Ltd. reserves the right to terminate or interrupt the competition at any time for good cause without prior notice. This applies in particular to such reasons that would disrupt or prevent a scheduled course of the competition. If such termination is caused by the conduct of a participant, RH Amar & Co Ltd. is entitled to demand compensation from this person for the damage incurred.
• Entries open: 27.03.23
• Entries close: 01.05.22
• Voting period: 18.05.23 – 01.06.23
• Live final: 20.06.23
The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United Kingdom and other copyright laws, and is the property of Cooks&Co. Copyright 2014, RH Amar ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Cooks&Co or purchasing Cooks&Co products. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order with Cooks&Co or to purchase Cooks&Co products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by RH Amar. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Cooks&Co used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of RH Amar.
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, RH Amar disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. RH Amar does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. RH Amar does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
RH Amar shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if RH Amar has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
In the event that a Cooks&Co product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, RH Amar reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. RH Amar reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, RH Amar shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by RH Amar without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
RH Amar may deliver notice to you by means of e-mail, a general notice on the site, or by other reliable method to the address you have provided to RH Amar.
Your use of this site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United Kingdom. U.N. Convention on contracts for the international sale of goods. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of Cooks&Co products) shall be in courts located in the United Kingdom. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the site (including but not limited to the purchase of Cooks&Co products) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. RH Amar's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. RH Amar may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
Use of Site
Harassment in any manner or form on the site, including via e-mail, chat, or by use of obscene or abusive language, is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others, including a RH Amar or other licensed employee, host, or representative, as well as other members or visitors on the site is prohibited. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the site any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the site or use the site to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
RH Amar does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the site, RH Amar is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site. However, RH Amar reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to RH Amar in its sole discretion.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless RH Amar, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Service Providers") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, RH Amar may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with RH Amar, RH Amar has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of RH Amar. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, RH Amar seeks to protect the integrity of its web site and the links placed upon it and therefore requests any feedback on not only its own site, but for sites it links to as well (including if a specific link does not work).
Any discount code is applied to the value of the order excluding delivery costs and is subject to our general Terms and Conditions.
The offer code must be entered in the coupon field on the basket page and applied for the discount to be deducted from the order.
There is no minimum order/value but items are subject to availability.
Only one offer per household.