1kg sweet potatoes
2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion
Juice of 1 lime
1 tin Cooks&Co Borlotti Beans, drained and rinsed
75-100g grated mature cheddar cheese
1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
½ jar Cooks&Co Sweety Drop Peppers
¼ jar Cooks&Co Tri-Colour Jalapeños
Flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200ml sour cream
Handful of coriander leaves
Lime wedges, to serve
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins
1. Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and sit in a large roasting tray. Sprinkle over the smoked paprika and drizzle over the olive oil. Season with a good pinch of salt and toss around until the potatoes are coated in the oil. Roast in the oven for 50 minutes until they are golden and starting to crisp at the edges, turning a couple of times throughout for even cooking.
3. Meanwhile, thinly slice the red onion, put into a small bowl, and mix with the lime juice and pinch of salt. Set aside for the onion to soften and macerate in the acidity of the lime.
4. As soon as the wedges are cooked, scatter the Borlotti Beans and grated cheese over the top and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or so for the beans to heat through and the cheese to melt.
5. Carefully transfer the roasted wedges, Borlotti Beans, and cheese onto a large serving platter, unless of course the roasting tray is ‘table-friendly’. If that is the case, they can stay where they are. Scatter over the diced avocado, Sweetie Peppers, Jalapeños, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finish by spooning over dollops of sour cream, scattering over coriander leaves and arrange a few lime wedges on top.
Switch it up…
Standard white potatoes can be used instead of sweet potatoes, or how about a mixture of sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and other root veggies such as squash, parsnip or swede.
For meat lovers, the borlotti beans can be swapped with some pan-fried beef mince scattered over when you add the cheese, or you could roast some chicken wings in with the wedges. Start them off for 30 minutes before adding the raw potato wedges, oil and paprika, then roast as per above. It’s messy to eat but is very tasty!